Since I made some changes into my room (that also serves as my work-room, dressing and bedroom :P) I taught I should find some new place for my jewelry. I’ve been wanting to do this since forever and I had many reasons to do it.
First of all: my jewelry broke all the time because I’ve kept it in some little baskets that didn’t look good at all, the second reason: I could never find what I was looking for!
So I’ve searched for some alternatives so that the jewelry can be protected and easy to find. I found several types of solutions both they were both expensive and hard to get. So I taught, how about a little DIY project !?
And that’s how I’ve managed to make this cool jewelry drawer (which transformed into a big cabinet full of jewelry for me 😉 )
Here’s the tutorial, below you have the material list ▼
- IKEA: STÖDJA-Flatware tray, white
- IKEA: ALEX, Drawer unit, white– where you can store all the trays
- Self-Adhesive Film Velour– or you can use an alternative -self adhesive tape and velvet material (I’ve used this one, and in Ro you can find options here o here)
- Measuring tape or ruler
Instructions below ▼
- Measure the tray’ compartments
- Cut the self adhesive foil in pieces after measuring it (usually the adhesive foil has on the back a grid so you can measure and cut it along the lines)
- Detach the paper on the back of the foil and slowly begin to bind it to the tray
- Continue to bind it one by one until you finish
Soon, I’ll post some pictures with the tray into ALEX drawer unit so stay tunned! 😉
Love, Anda 🙂